Why I love my Job: Part 1(the Class young kids)
This may get long...
Most of our children's classes are fifty minutes. My first class today was at 4:00.
4:00 go and get my students from the front. Greet them cheerily. Chase them into the classroom. (Kind of like the pigs I used to chase into the truck, but these ones actually want to go)
4:01 hellohowareyoui'mfinehellohowareyoui'mfinehellohowareyoui'mfinehellohowareyoui'mfine-hellohowareyoui'mfinehellohowareyoui'mfinehellohowareyoui'mfine. (6 students & 1 Sensai)
4:02 read the English on their clothes, everbudy try to fine som English YEAH!
4:05 time for the ABC test. What a Test!? Crazy rotten Sensai and so on and so forth.
4:10 mark the test and hand them a practice sheet for next week's test. Letters to watch for b,d,p,q,j,g,y - going under the line comes against a bit of a mental block. (This test thing seems to really work. It allows me to teach all 52 letters of the alphabet in about seven weeks using only 5 to 10 minutes of class time, which for me is a heck of a good deal.)
4:17 fun time. drill some sight words. "a," "can," "you," "the," "and," and "please."
4:20 put the sight word cards on the whiteboard. Move the table to the side. Divide the class into two teams. Call out a word and watch as they first say it in unision, then race to to the board to write the cord and then race back to the table.
4:24 wonder how I can ramp up the excitement until they actually do pee their pants.
4:27 cringe as Rinka(a student) crashes into the table and goes sliding under. Learning English can be dangerous.
4:30 time for the lesson. Today it's "Can you ______?" "Yes, I can." "No, I can't." They learned the _______s the other day.
4:33 whip out the text books. fire through a page in the text. Go as fast as possible, mix things up, keep them on their toes. If they don't focus on me and the text, they are done for. Let them now that this is serious business time, so pay attention. This is the part of the class that I use to balance the rest of the wild crazy time so that I can keep good control in the classroom. If they tip their books up, reach over and put them flat.
4:35 put the text away, enough serious business.
4:34 do a little random vocabulary card game with the grammer. "Can you.....dance?" "Yes, I can." oh really, please do. "No, I can't."
4:40 UNO! It's a red 2. It's a red 7. It's a SUPERCARD! haha.
4:46 Lesson notes 2 28/ 69 / -- / READING / 69 Aa-Zz
(date/text/workbook/other subject/homework)
4:50 Line up! "Can you smile?" "Yes, I can." "Good, see-you!" high-five. x7
Most of our children's classes are fifty minutes. My first class today was at 4:00.
4:00 go and get my students from the front. Greet them cheerily. Chase them into the classroom. (Kind of like the pigs I used to chase into the truck, but these ones actually want to go)
4:01 hellohowareyoui'mfinehellohowareyoui'mfinehellohowareyoui'mfinehellohowareyoui'mfine-hellohowareyoui'mfinehellohowareyoui'mfinehellohowareyoui'mfine. (6 students & 1 Sensai)
4:02 read the English on their clothes, everbudy try to fine som English YEAH!
4:05 time for the ABC test. What a Test!? Crazy rotten Sensai and so on and so forth.
4:10 mark the test and hand them a practice sheet for next week's test. Letters to watch for b,d,p,q,j,g,y - going under the line comes against a bit of a mental block. (This test thing seems to really work. It allows me to teach all 52 letters of the alphabet in about seven weeks using only 5 to 10 minutes of class time, which for me is a heck of a good deal.)
4:17 fun time. drill some sight words. "a," "can," "you," "the," "and," and "please."
4:20 put the sight word cards on the whiteboard. Move the table to the side. Divide the class into two teams. Call out a word and watch as they first say it in unision, then race to to the board to write the cord and then race back to the table.
4:24 wonder how I can ramp up the excitement until they actually do pee their pants.
4:27 cringe as Rinka(a student) crashes into the table and goes sliding under. Learning English can be dangerous.
4:30 time for the lesson. Today it's "Can you ______?" "Yes, I can." "No, I can't." They learned the _______s the other day.
4:33 whip out the text books. fire through a page in the text. Go as fast as possible, mix things up, keep them on their toes. If they don't focus on me and the text, they are done for. Let them now that this is serious business time, so pay attention. This is the part of the class that I use to balance the rest of the wild crazy time so that I can keep good control in the classroom. If they tip their books up, reach over and put them flat.
4:35 put the text away, enough serious business.
4:34 do a little random vocabulary card game with the grammer. "Can you.....dance?" "Yes, I can." oh really, please do. "No, I can't."
4:40 UNO! It's a red 2. It's a red 7. It's a SUPERCARD! haha.
4:46 Lesson notes 2 28/ 69 / -- / READING / 69 Aa-Zz
(date/text/workbook/other subject/homework)
4:50 Line up! "Can you smile?" "Yes, I can." "Good, see-you!" high-five. x7

3 Comments:
That is too funny! What a day!
I want to be in your class!
Talk about multiple learning styles; it sounds like gym class and English lang learning all in one! Maybe you should attach this lesson plan to your resume.
Barb
sounds like a Very Exhausting Day at School. i think i need to go drink some rejuvenating tea ...
Post a Comment
<< Home