Not all our trails were nicely cleared and marked by snowmobile tracks. No, not this one. This one that lasted for 5 hours!! What can I say? Never before have we been soley dependent on a compass and a chicken-scratch map that Franklin had drawn up before leaving the cabin. It was an adventure in all aspects! We copied the map off a photo that had been taken in spring about 40 years ago. First mistake. Those large rivers were no longer there. Not even a hint of where they might have been was left. We skied on, crashing through the bush. Often taking our skis off, to climb various large rock faces. My continual advice to Franklin was "pretend you're a small animal,"
and his continual response was "pretend you're a large bear." So, it worked out quite well and we did not spend the night in the bush. Though, that would have been pretty cool.

Back in familiar territory!

3 Comments:
I am so proud of you guys....gush gush, sob, sob. Now that you have your own blog, you can be a geek just like me.
lol
Corney
Soooo, what's for dinner on Monday? My shift ends at 1630, so I can be there at 1630 or later if you want. Since you guys are leaving, I am prepared to order in pizza for all 3 of us....
Just to let you know, I think my fish want to have babies, but I think my other fish will eat the eggs so they are terrified to do the above mentioned.
Hi. Whoot! Looks like you had a lot of fun. I bet you were tired. So where did this expedition take place?
Post a Comment
<< Home